Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Dexter House & walk-about

I enjoyed the discussions in the "classroom" in regards to what a cemetery is. I was hoping the Dexter Monument was as impressive inside as out, but still very cool to go inside. Revisiting the first lots that my group documented allowed me to see things I had not noticed before. I thought that was my favorite part of the cemetery, with it's old charm and romanticism, and now I am sure that it is. I was reminded of the quote about leaving Spring Grove a different, better person after our walking tour. I can not help but to become introspective and find my thoughts wandering away from their usual places of everyday tasks and worries. There is a certain solitude that I get even amongst the group while cataloguing images from the cemetery. I am happily left- tranquil and inquiring.

1 comment:

  1. What a great concept - to be both "tranquil and inquiring!" I suppose that might be considered a great educational outcome although I am not sure how that could be measured- only experienced.

    ReplyDelete